We're having a baby!!!

Most of you know by now, we're pregnant! This is a very exciting time for the two of us as we can't wait to start a family! As we count down the days (due in January) we thought we would extend our excitement to you by publishing this blog, which we hope will not only keep you up-to-speed with the progress of Melinda's belly but also act as an outlet for all of the stories that we are sure to experience as we come closer and closer to bringing little Leonardo into the world. Please share your excitement and/or advice by posting blogs of your own.

...here we go:)


Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ode to Super Ute

Before the 10 months of baby growing is completed I feel compelled to honor my uterus on this baby blog. If it weren't for this beautiful (and amazing) organ this blog would never have come to exist!
Many of you may (or may not) know about the surgery I had last fall and the extreme trauma that was forced upon my uterus to remove six massive tumors. My uterus and I formed a very special relationship over that ordeal and despite being told I would most likely have a very difficult time conceiving (if at all) my SUPER UTE (as I have lovingly come to call it :)) came through not only the surgery but a painstaking recovery and now more then 7 months of baby growing. The power of a body's resilience leaves me speechless!
My family had previously named my uterus Scar Ute (thank you brothers! :)) but from here forward the amazing organ only deserves the utmost respect. I'm chalking up this incredible journey to lots of long pep talks and an incredible thing called Piciulo genes. For those of you who know the Piciulo line of women from whom I have descended you KNOW that I only speak the truth.
So I raise my glass (of apple cider of course!) to my wonderful uterus and all it has done over the last year. My words of thanks can't truly express my deepest gratitude!

No comments: